Monday, May 22, 2006

Tech Nightmare - RIP Motorola V600


If you know me well enough, you know that my mobile phone is basically an extension of my hand. lol In the beginning of 2006 though, something unthinkable (to me) happened... My phone decided to boycott and half-died on me! There I was, meeting a few friends at a bar, when all of a sudden, my V600's screen stopped working.

That's when the DIY troubleshooting skills came out. I took out the battery, blew all the dust and dirt away, then put the battery back. Pressed the ON button. Watched the number pad light up and the screen ATTEMPT to turn on. But nothing. I banged lightly on the back of the mobile phone. Still nothing. I flipped it open and closed. Banged it again a few times. Still didn't work.

I was really angry about it cause I felt like I had lost communication with the world, but I let it go for the evening, thinking it was the battery that died or something. I got home, charged the battery, and found out, to my dismay, that it was my phone that had gone crazy, not the battery.

*Deeeeeeeeeeep breath* It wasn't the fact that I had paid top dollars for my mobile that got to me, or the fact that I had just bought a new RED face plate for it (I LOVE the colour red, in case you didn't know), but mostly the fact that I lost all the precious phone numbers I had accumulated on my phone along the years, all 300+ of them!!!


This post is dedicated to my phone that passed away and is a notice to all of my friends who read this to please re-send me your contact information. It's very likely I haven't contacted you lately because I don't have your number anymore (unless it's because I owe you lots of money, in which case please do NOT contact me at all... thank you!)... lol

And by the way, for the people who are thinking that I am stupid for not saving the numbers on my SIM card, let me ask you this: does a SIM card even HOLD over 300 numbers?

I rest my case. And let my phone rest in peace.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh nightmare time for you then, Well you would of lost my new number then, not that you texting me these days which must mean you owe me money? ( can only wish i guess). r.i.p your phone:P ( it was old anyways).

Tue May 23, 06:54:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

motorolla's suck. :P

lol.. ok so theyre not THAT bad, but soooo very few functions. i certainly woulndt buy one. id rather have achocolate digestive and a cup of java.

Thu May 25, 03:23:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Lil Flame said...

Well MINE functioned GREAT until the day I accidentally dropped it in the bath... lol It was all downhill from there!

And sharing is caring... so where's MY chocolate digestive and MY cup of java??? :P

Thu May 25, 12:06:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home