Monday, August 21, 2006

Feeling Homesick...

As I sit here and stare at the wallpaper on my crappy PC (lol), I can't help but get this unfortunately all-too-familiar feeling at the pit of my stomache. It's the same feeling I get whenever I hear about someone who's heading in the direction of my home-away-from-home. It's the same feeling I get when I receive a text message from one of my dearest friends in the world.

Right about now, some people are completely confused about what the hell I'm talking about. Some of you probably think that I miss the Wild Wild West Island since I've moved to a different postal code in Montreal, and although it's true that I miss it, I visit often enough so it hardly feels like I left. The remaining poor unfortunate souls who know me pretty well know EXACTLY where I'm going with this...

SOMEONE GIVE ME A FIRST CLASS AIRLINE TICKET TO LONDON ENGLAND!!!


I caught the Brit Bug in 1999 and I haven't been able to get rid of it since then! I had a few good friends visit London this summer, and although they all came back with the same bug, one of my really good friends summed it up well with his question: "Why the hell did you leave in the first place?" lol


The first thing that comes to mind when you mention the UK to North Americans is that it can't possibly be such a great place cause it's always raining. I think they selectively forget the fact that there's just as much, if not more, precipitation here than there is in London! We get it in many different forms: rain, snow, freezing rain... lol So if we can handle the weather here, then there should be no reason why we can't handle the rain in London!


The next thing that's usually brought up is the fact that it's expensive to go to and/or live in London... Yes, that is true as well, seeing as we have a pretty high quality of life in Montreal, but the way I see it, if you're planning on moving to London, you better not be planning on working at McD's to support yourself! If you find yourself a good job, then you have the opportunity of making a whole lot more money in London than in Montreal (which is what I'm planning on doing since I do need to find something to support my expensive taste! lol)...


The bottom line is that I miss London, and I'm sure it misses me too! I can't wait to get back there... I can't wait to get back to my home away from home, to the city that hardly makes me feel like a tourist (I think I know parts of London better than most of my Brit friends living there!)...


If you have the opportunity to travel to my second hometown, take it from me: you won't regret it if you're informed enough about what's available to you when you get there! If you need a personal tour guide, then I'm always available to travel with you, as long as all my travel, accomodation, food, and leisure expenses are paid! It'll be a trip you'll never forget! ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home