Monday, September 04, 2006

Finally! I'm Connected To The World!

Guess what boys and girls? This lovely, rainy Labour Day Monday morning, I was awakened to something that sounded like a fire alarm. No need for alarm though, because it was just my doorbell announcing the arrival of two Videotron installation guys!

I jumped out of bed and let them in... It kinda felt like they came, they saw, and they conquered. In my half asleep state, I had to follow their path of destruction to put everything back in its place and to make sure nothing was damaged.

I must say that I had a more pleasant experience watching the renovations get done at my humble abode rather than watch 15 minutes of the Videotron guys cutting cables and attaching things. I guess I made them feel right at home cause it certainly looked like they were comfortable doing whatever they wanted to. They also had impeccable customer service skills, leaving the booklets and such at random places in my apartment so that I could later go on a Labour Day Treasure Hunt and find all the things I needed in case I wanted to find out more about my internet service.

The bottom line: I now have internet access! And guess what??? I'm using my OWN internet connection right now to write this post! The Videotron guys left about 10 minutes ago and I decided to see if it would work, and as you are my witnesses, IT DOES!

At this point, all I have to say is WATCH OUT! This is only the beginning of many, many, many posts to come!

On that note, I think I need to get back to bed now... I'll be back shortly. Happy surfing!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

odd thing: i just logged into yahoo messenger for the first time in... a while. you probably don't rememberme at all, but i found a link to your blog in my offline messages from months andmonths ago and curiousity got the better of me and i clicked the link.

so i just thought i'd say hi, (my name is darran and we got talking through yahoo chat stuff, my user name was diluted_kindness, not that it matters)

yeah, so i just thought i'd go out on a limb and say hi :)

Fri Sep 22, 11:07:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Lil Flame said...

Hey Darran!

Of course I remember you, and it's really cool that you checked out my blog! How's everything? Haven't seen you around in a very long time, although I haven't been on Yahoo in a while myself...

Should be back on there soon enough!

Hi back! :D

Tue Sep 26, 12:01:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home