Monday, June 23, 2008

Seeing Clearly Through The Muddy Waters

We all live somewhat parallel lives. We rush and brush past each other every day while following the paths of our existence, drive single file through traffic to get to our important destinations, hear the noises that surround us but distinguish none, until life stops us for just a moment.

My life was paused today by an unexpected guest. Someone, somewhere in the Universe had decided that my path was to cross with that of another, someone I knew back in my childhood days of horseback riding and Friday night dances, teenage crushes and candle-light ceremonies.

There have been many instances where people from my past have come back into my life, and I welcome each and every one of these messengers that I've learned from, and whom I have yet to learn from. But today's experience was different, magical, spiritual. I reconnected, or maybe even got formally acquainted, with someone who I hadn't thought of as a key player in the theatrical experience of my life, but who I felt from today onwards would definitely symbolize something important to me for the rest of my days.

Her story was both simple and complicated. Cliched and unique. It brought to mind the blossoming of a lotus flower, bringing beauty from filth. At the same time, she immitated the strength of the Nelumbo, keeping herself as together as possible, no matter how hard life tried to break her apart or bend her out of shape.

The actual story is unimportant. We all have our own dark tales to tell, each story judged as a different shade of grey from the audience that hears it. The moral to keep in mind, though, is that even the darkest and most disturbing moments of our lives have the potential to help us blossom into something beautiful.

Through the muddy and unclear waters of my life, I saw beauty today.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job !!! I like your blog!
It's super cool! love ya!

Tue Dec 02, 01:26:00 PM EST  
Blogger Javi! said...

This is just beautiful!

All I have to say :P

Tue Aug 04, 12:18:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home